In this episode of the Nuclear Chowder Marketing podcast I interview host of The Manly Pinterest Tips podcast and all around nice guy Jeff Sieh. This episode is a natural progression from episode 101 discussion with Alisa Meredith on visual marketing.
In addition to being a great podcast host, Jeff is the perfect example of how to brand yourself online. You’re going to love this episode…
Here’s what we talked about:
- We appropriately and customarily make fun of Ralph M. Rivera from the Web.Search.Social podcast.
- Why Jeff called his podcast Manly Pinterest tips (this is actually a great lesson on branding)
- Who Peg Fitzpatrick is and why Jeff keeps talking about her.
- How you follow people (and how you can follow them without even following them)
- Why sense of humor sells more
- How and why he NEVER makes his boards public until he has 10 pins in a board (Secret boards rule)… Pinterest is actually a great place to keep things organized. Who knew?
- The types of images that perform best on Pinterest (and by best he means drive the most traffic to your site)
- Video and audio tricks with Pinterest to drive even more traffic to your site
- How to create images even if you’re not creative (you can never learn enough about this)
- Why you must think about mobile when creating Pinterest images
- How to use the same old stock images and make them your own works of art
- The apps and tools that Jeff uses every day
- How to organize your boards for maximum effect
- How and why you should be search optimizing your boards
- How to schedule pins to go out automatically
- The one thing you should do before you share anyone else’s pins (pretty important info here)
- The big method Jeff uses that gets more people to find and follow you on Pinterest (Spoiler alert: it starts with sharing other people’s stuff)
- How Jeff broke into the expert niche (simple but elegant advice… totally worth listening until the end for this one tip)
- How many times a day you should pin
- How to get your Pinterest business account (super easy)
- Why every social media marketing expert needs to go to Social Media Marketing World (where you can see Jeff speak live)
Here’s the video I mentioned
This episode was sponsored by the LinkedIn Marketing Success Academy. Check out the details below.