Warning: This was a really long episode. But well worth the listen… And there are a ton of great visual marketing resources she shared (links scattered in this post).
I had a really fun conversation with Alisa Meredith and she dropped a ton of great information. So I just let it fly for a record breaking 90 minutes.
The Superheroes of Marketing podcast is also on my 12 must listen to podcast list.
Here’s what you will learn on this episode
- Why I was wearing a cape with a turkey embroidered into it
- Which comic universe the Superheroes of Marketing podcast represents: Marvel, DC, other… spoiler alert: none of the above and I am apparently a geek.
- I apparently said I was going to put a picture of myself with the cape in the show notes so that’s why there is a picture of me with a cape here. Bet you didn’t know I had laser vision?
- Why should we even care about visuals in our social marketing?
- The reason you WANT to be on Pinterest… might not be what you think.
- What is buzz Sumo and should you be using it?
- What makes a good visual and how you can easily create them.
- I tried to stump Alisa by asking her how I might create an image if I was an attorney or a financial planner or a home improvement contractor. And the answer was not what I expected.
- She also talked about a bunch of cool apps you might want to check out such as: Over for creative typography, Studio Design, Enlight, Wordswag and Pixabay for free images.
- Legal issues of using images (You can really get screwed here)
- Here is Alisa’s free image resource Pinterest board
- And last but not least, but super important, we talked about promoted pins. And since this recording, Alisa created a very special offer on doing promoted pins which you should check out and get here for free.